This creamy, vegan rigatoni dish uses fresh summer corn, squash, and basil. The sauce is simple – just two ingredients!
- 2 cups rigatoni pasta
- 2-4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ear sweet corn
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1 cup yellow squash
- 1 can whole coconut milk
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (what's nutritional yeast? i'll explain! click here.)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- Basil for garnish
- Thoroughly shake your can of coconut milk to ensure that it is well-combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk and nutritional yeast. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add oil and onions. Bring to medium heat and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sweet corn and saute for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, this is a good time to get your water boiling and cook your pasta while the other ingredients are cooking.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash, and soy sauce to the skillet. Saute everything together for 5 minutes and then pour in the sauce mixture.
- Once the pasta is al dente, drain it and add it into the skillet.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The sauce will thicken as it cooks down.
- Serve and garnish with fresh basil.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Main
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 335
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 500 mg
- Fat: 20 g
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 11 g