Spice-encrusted and slow-roasted, this cauliflower emerges from the oven looking impossibly beautiful and just fork tender.
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3-1/2 teaspoons of red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon of sriracha [optional. if not used, add equivalent of oil.]
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Wash cauliflower and remove any leaves, as well as the stalk if it sticks out at the bottom. This will allow the cauliflower to sit level while baking.
- Preheat the oven to 400º and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment.
- Combine all of the seasonings and oil in a small bowl and mix together using a spoon until well combined. The mixture should look like a thick paste.
- Use a marinading brush or your hands to spread the paste over the entire cauliflower. If you've got any handy, a plastic glove is a good idea for this step. Otherwise, you'll end up with some stained fingers!
- Place on baking sheet and cook for 1 hour or so, until the cauliflower is fork tender. If it appears to be drying out, drizzle a bit of olive oil or water lightly over top.