Crunchy zucchini noodles are tossed in a quick olive oil balsamic dressing and mixed with fresh tomatoes and mozzarella for a light summer side dish.
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 3 roma tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella*
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- I like to do things the easy way when it comes to dressing. If you have a mason jar, I recommend combining the dressing ingredients in the jar and shake until well-combined.
- If you don't have a mason jar, you can simply add everything to a small bowl and whisk until combined.
- Wash zucchinis and chop off the ends. Using the medium blade, spiralize the zucchini and set the noodles aside in a large bowl. Don't forget to trim the zoodles as you go – otherwise you'll end up with one long zoodle!
- Chop the tomatoes – just a little larger than diced. Chop the basil.
- Fresh mozzarella usually comes in water or olive oil – be sure to drain it before adding to the salad.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella to the bowl of zucchini. Toss to mix everything up, then pour in the dressing and toss again until well-coated.
- Serve chilled.
*We used fresh mozzarella balls which you can find in the deli area at most grocery stores. If they don't have the small containers, you can get one of the large pieces and chop it into smaller bites for the salad.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 4.1 g
- Sodium: 255.2 mg
- Fat: 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.6 g
- Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
- Cholesterol: 14.7 mg