This zucchini and corn pasta salad recipe is summer at it's finest. Zucchini, sweet corn, juicy tomatoes, basil, and pearl couscous are tossed in a simple lemon dressing for a refreshing, wholesome summer side dish. (This could easily be eaten as a vegetarian main, too!)
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 2 cups water
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups zucchini – I spiralized my zucchini, but chopped or diced works too
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup feta, or vegan substitute
- 1 small jalapeño, minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped finely
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium pot, bring 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to medium heat, then add couscous. Stir to coat the couscous and cook for 3-5 minutes until the couscous begins to smell slightly fragrant. Keep an eye on it to prevent burning! Add water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, decrease to a simmer and cover. Cook 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the water has all been absorbed. Set aside and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- While the couscous is cooking, you can mix up the dressing! In a mason jar (or bowl), add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and mix until well-combined.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, corn, tomatoes, feta, jalapeño, and basil. Toss to combine. Add cooked couscous and toss again.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Side Dish
Keywords: couscous, side dish, zucchini, summer, tomatoes, healthy, vegetarian, pasta salad,