Get out your spiralizer to enjoy the freshest flavors summer has to offer – zucchini, ripe tomatoes, and rich basil pesto make for a healthy and light dinner treat.
- 2 large zucchinis
- 2 cups of fresh basil
- 1/4 cup of raw cashews
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (what's nutritional yeast? i'll explain! click here.)
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons quality olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- In a food processor, add garlic cloves, 3 tablespoons olive oil, pepper, and cashews. Process until smooth.
- Add nutritional yeast and salt and process to combine.
- Add basil and 1/4 cup olive oil and process again.
- Finally, add lemon juice and process until combined.
- Set the pesto aside until you're ready to combine with zucchini noodles.
- Chop about 1/2" off both ends of the zucchini and spiralize. I recommend tearing the noodles into smaller pieces as you go, otherwise you'll end up with a "Lady and the Tramp" situation on your hands when you try to eat your pasta!
- Once you've finished spiralizing, add zoodles to a large bowl and mix in the pesto until well-coated.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Mains