This 15 minute tofu scramble recipe is a healthy and quick breakfast that's perfect for busy mornings. It's loaded with protein and veggies to fuel you for hours! It can also be made ahead of time and reheated as needed.
- 1 - 14 oz. block extra firm tofu, drained thoroughly
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup spinach
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Drain tofu and press to remove as much excess water as possible.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil to medium. Add the block of tofu and use a spatula to chop it up into small pieces. Add salt and pepper. Sauté 3 minutes, then push the tofu off to one side of the skillet. (You can also remove the tofu from the skillet and set it aside in a bowl if your pan is on the small side.)
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet, then add in the halved tomatoes. Sauté 10 minutes until they've softened.
- Add spinach to the skillet and stir everything together – spinach, tomatoes, and tofu. Sauté 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat, serve, and enjoy!
- This reheats wonderfully for easy weekday dinners.
- The scramble is delicious on its own, or on top of a pita, or wrapped in a burrito!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast