This 15 minute tofu scramble recipe with tomatoes and spinach is a healthy and quick breakfast that’s perfect for busy mornings. It’s loaded with protein and veggies to fuel you for hours! It can also be made ahead of time and reheated as needed.
Ummm… why have we never shared a tofu scramble recipe on here before? I mean, hello! – we love making them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We’ve shared tofu breakfast burritos and tofu breakfast bowls. But never a straight-up tofu scramble. 🙆♀️ I don’t know why it’s taken us so long – but here it is, our favorite version of a tofu scramble!
So we’re keeping with the theme. This recipe is:
- Meal prep friendly
- Protein packed
- A weeknight dinner option
- Done in 20 minutes
- Crazy easy
Did I mention it’s crazy easy? You sauté the tofu with seasonings, then serve it up and add your favorite toppings – micro greens, salsa, pepper, cheese, hot sauce, ketchup – whatever suits your fancy. Oh, and avocado, of course. 🥑🥑🥑 Always avocado on top.
This tofu scramble is wide open for creative variations. Don’t like tomato? Add mushrooms instead. Fresh out of spinach? Try arugula or kale. Wanna walk on the wild side? Spice it up with some kimchi.
Also noteworthy – this tofu scramble can be served SO many different ways. Wrapped up in a tortilla. Piled high on toast or a bagel. Tossed with rice or quinoa for some extra carbs. The possibilities are endless – make this scramble your own and enjoy every last healthy bite! 😘
And then, obviously, ‘gram it! We love seeing what you guys make and sharing it on our Instagram stories!
15 Minute Tofu Scramble
This 15 minute tofu scramble recipe is a healthy and quick breakfast that’s perfect for busy mornings. It’s loaded with protein and veggies to fuel you for hours! It can also be made ahead of time and reheated as needed.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- 1 – 14 oz. block extra firm tofu, drained thoroughly
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup spinach
- 1–2 teaspoons sea salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Drain tofu and press to remove as much excess water as possible.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil to medium. Add the block of tofu and use a spatula to chop it up into small pieces. Add salt and pepper. Sauté 3 minutes, then push the tofu off to one side of the skillet. (You can also remove the tofu from the skillet and set it aside in a bowl if your pan is on the small side.)
- Add another tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet, then add in the halved tomatoes. Sauté 10 minutes until they’ve softened.
- Add spinach to the skillet and stir everything together – spinach, tomatoes, and tofu. Sauté 2-3 minutes, then remove from heat, serve, and enjoy!
- This reheats wonderfully for easy weekday dinners.
- The scramble is delicious on its own, or on top of a pita, or wrapped in a burrito!