In this household, we are big fans of hot things. For example –> Summertime (can it just last forever?) Wasabi. Cayenne. Kimchi. Sriracha. Ginger. Curry. Hot sauce. And LOTS of spicy mustard.
In true Indiana fashion, we’ve been grilling out every chance we get this summer. (Who wants to turn the oven on when it’s 95 degrees?) We’ve grilled burgers, sweet corn, cabbage, hot dogs, mushrooms, zucchini, and plenty of chicken legs. After making grilled chicken legs approximately 73 times, we’ve officially discovered the PERFECT marinade for them using just 5 ingredients. Colman’s Mustard, honey, paprika, salt, and pepper. The quality of the honey and the mustard is key here. Colman’s is our favorite for this marinade because it has some solid heat to it. It’s made with a blend of white and brown mustard seeds from Norwich, England so you KNOW it’s good. I’ve tried infinite types of mustard and nothing compares to Colman’s. It has just the right amount of kick to balance out the sweetness of the honey in this recipe.
The result of this marinade is grilled chicken legs that are flavor-packed, juicy, fall-off-the-bone tender, complete with crispy skin, and gorgeous grill marks. Sticky, sweet heat that can’t be beat. (I probably could’ve been a rapper in another life.)
If you’ve ever had dry/overdone grilled chicken, I feel you. Dry grilled chicken is what made me think I hated chicken back in the day. But this? Oh. This is a game-changer. This will turn you into a grilled chicken addict. You’ll be going back for thirds and all of your friends will be asking for the recipe. The best part? It’s easy! Just a few steps to grilled chicken perfection. 👇👇👇
How to Grill Juicy Chicken Legs
- It’s all in the marinade. Add Colman’s Mustard, honey, olive oil, and salt to a large bowl and whisk together. Add the drumsticks to the bowl and toss to combine, then set aside to marinate.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high and spritz with oil. Use tongs to place the drumsticks onto the grate.
- Cook 16-20 minutes, flipping at the halfway mark.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
These grilled chicken legs are the most important thing you’re going to throw on the grill this month. Pair them up with sweet corn and pasta salad and do it quick! Before summer fades away. Also, do it while there’s an Ibotta offer going on for Colman’s! You just download the Ibotta app, buy your Colman’s, and get cash back for buying the best mustard on earth so it’s very much a win-win situation. We’ve been using this app for about 6 months now and we’ve earned almost $40 cash back. Amazing, right?
Alright! Make these bad boys ASAP. Snap a picture and be sure to tag us on the ‘gram. We love sharing what you’ve made on our stories!
Spicy Honey Mustard Chicken Legs
This spicy honey mustard chicken legs recipe creates the BEST grilled chicken legs ever. They’re juicy, tender, and so flavorful. The marinade involves just a few simple ingredients and the chicken is so easy to grill!
- 2 lbs. chicken legs (about 4 drumsticks)
- ¼ cup Colman’s Prepared Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- cooking spray for grill
- In a large bowl, combine Colman’s Mustard, honey, salt, pepper, and paprika. Whisk to combine. Add chicken to the bowl and toss to coat thoroughly. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Spritz the grill grate with cooking spray of choice. Place chicken legs on the grate and cook 16-20 minutes, flipping at the halfway mark. Or until internal temperature reaches 165º.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! Some of our favorite sides are grilled sweet corn, pasta salad, and watermelon for dessert.