These zucchini breakfast cookies are quick, simple, and healthy. They're awesome for busy mornings or snacking on the go.
I've had these zucchini breakfast cookies stashed away in my head for a looooong time. Too long. 😬 I had the idea for them last summer - as in a year ago - but I finally got around to testing them in September. Don't judge me. I've realized that I always procrastinate when it comes to testing baked recipes. Which is probably because I don't love baking? 😂😂😂
So when I do bake anything, I try to make the recipe as easy as is humanly possible. As in, we're using 2 bowls, 1 spoon, and a grater for these breakfast cookies. The prep involves grating a zucchini, whipping up a flax egg, and mixing it all together. Then we bake and we snack!
And voila! We have yummy breakfast cookies with a veggie snuck into the mix. You don't even taste the zucchini, in my opinion – it just adds a nice moist texture to the cookies. These are perfect for busy mornings or snacking throughout the day. You can also make a double batch and freeze some for later.
Make these zucchini breakfast cookies ASAP and be sure to let us know what you think. We love seeing your creations on Instagram so we can share on our stories!Print
Zucchini Breakfast Cookies
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 10-12 cookies 1x
These zucchini breakfast cookies are quick, simple, and healthy. They're awesome for busy mornings or snacking on the go!
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup almonds, chopped or slivered
- ¼ cup ground flax seed
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 2 flax eggs (instructions below)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup applesauce
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and preheat the oven to 350º.
- Make flax eggs. Combine 2 Tablespoons of ground flax and 6 Tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients except chocolate chips and whisk together.
- Add wet ingredients and stir to combine. If necessary, use your hands to make sure everything is mixed well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form the cookies into balls, about ¼ cup of the mixture in each. Arrange them on the baking sheet and press down to flatten to about ½" thick.
- Place the sheet into the oven and bake for 25-28 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown and crispy on the bottom.
- They keep for 3-5 days – enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
Keywords: zucchini, breakfast cookies, snack, breakfast, cookies, healthy, easy, oats,
These are great!! Healthy + tasty - not easy to achieve but these achieve that. Very filling as well. Those chocolate chips combined with the zucchini is so good. Wasn’t difficult to make either. Will definitely make these again! Thanks so much for the amazing recipe :))
Awesome! I'm so glad you like these cookies. :) Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback!
These look delicious and healthy too...
They are definitely both! :)