Is this the best vegan potato salad ever? Quite possibly. Is it the easiest vegan potato salad ever? Also possible. Is it my new favorite vegan potato salad? Yes, 100%.
Full disclosure: I CANNOT stand mushy, sloppy potato salad. I like mine to have lots of texture, seasonal ingredients, and a just-creamy-enough dressing to bring it all together. That’s the perfect potato salad equation and that’s what we’re making today.
This potato salad is perfect for both spring and summer. We’re using buttery, tender gold potatoes, crispy asparagus and peas, plenty of fresh dill, and the easiest creamy dressing. Aside from my favorite sweet potato salad, this is officially the best potato salad recipe to ever enter the world.
How to Make The Best Vegan Potato Salad
- Boil the potatoes until tender. Use yukon gold potatoes, preferably the miniature variety.
- Whisk the dressing together in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Once potatoes are done cooking, drain and allow to cool.
- Add potatoes, asparagus, and peas to the large bowl and toss to combine. Mix until everything is evenly coated.
Making a good potato salad really just takes a few simple steps. Then you’re off to your next cookout or summer party to wow allllll of your friends!
Alright y’all! Make this easy vegan potato salad ASAP and drop a comment below telling us what you think. And/or post a picture on Insta so we can share you on our stories!Print
Easy Vegan Potato Salad
This easy vegan potato salad is always a crowd-pleaser! The creamy dressing and fresh dill combination takes this potato salad to the next level.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: serves 6 as a side 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- 6 cups petite potatoes, preferably yukon gold
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped*
- 3/4 cup veganaise (or regular mayo, if not vegan)
- 3 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 3 Tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- dash of cayenne
- Thoroughly clean potatoes and chop into halves. (If using larger potatoes, chop into 1/2″ cubes.
Bring water to boil in a large pot. Add potatoes. Boil until fork tender – about 15-20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine dressing ingredients and whisk together.
Once potatoes are cooked, drain and allow to cool. After they have cooled, add potatoes, peas, and asparagus to the large bowl (with the dressing on the bottom). Toss everything together until evenly coated with the dressing.
Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
* As always, remove about 1/2″ from the base of each asparagus stalk. I recommend chopping asparagus into 1/2″ pieces for this potato salad. If your asparagus is super thick or “woody,” you could also slice the stalks in half lengthwise.
Keywords: potatoes, potato salad, asparagus, summer, salad, healthy, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, peas, healthy, meatless, easy side, side dish