This easy vegan potato salad is always a crowd-pleaser! The creamy dressing and fresh dill combination takes this potato salad to the next level.
- 6 cups petite potatoes, preferably yukon gold
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped*
- 3/4 cup veganaise (or regular mayo, if not vegan)
- 3 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- 3 Tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- dash of cayenne
- Thoroughly clean potatoes and chop into halves. (If using larger potatoes, chop into 1/2" cubes.
Bring water to boil in a large pot. Add potatoes. Boil until fork tender – about 15-20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine dressing ingredients and whisk together.
Once potatoes are cooked, drain and allow to cool. After they have cooled, add potatoes, peas, and asparagus to the large bowl (with the dressing on the bottom). Toss everything together until evenly coated with the dressing.
Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
* As always, remove about 1/2" from the base of each asparagus stalk. I recommend chopping asparagus into 1/2" pieces for this potato salad. If your asparagus is super thick or "woody," you could also slice the stalks in half lengthwise.
- Category: Side Dish
Keywords: potatoes, potato salad, asparagus, summer, salad, healthy, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, peas, healthy, meatless, easy side, side dish