Soooooo… it’s already August? For real? I have been majorly slacking on the summer recipes but I’m so stoked to finally share this one with you guys. These sweet potato burrito bowls have been on repeat around here lately. They’re my favorite easy lunch right now!
We’re taking a fluffy bed of rice and loading it up with roasted sweet potatoes, black beans, corn, tomatoes red onion, greens, avocado, and an addicting spicy mayo sauce. The textures! The flavors! The colors! 😍😍😍 And they’re good hot or cold!
We’ve been knocking out house projects all summer (hence the radio silence over here) and these have made life SO much easier. I look in the fridge, feeling all kinds of hangry, and there are my beautiful burrito bowls, ready to save the day.
I’ve made these sweet potato burrito bowls a couple of different ways, but my favorite method is to batch prep all of the ingredients and then assemble a bowl when I’m ready to chow down. Sometimes I heat up the sweet potatoes and black bean/corn mixture, sometimes I just throw everything together right out of the fridge. Either way, it’s a total win. So easy. So tasty. So filling.
Make these bad boys ASAP and snap a picture! Then tag us on Instagram so we can share your creation on our story. Can’t wait to hear what you think about these!Print
Sweet Potato Burrito Bowls
These sweet potato burrito bowls are the BOMB! Loaded up with colorful toppings and topped off with a creamy sriracha sauce, they’re the perfect healthy lunch or meal prep idea.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 bowls 1x
- Category: Main Dish
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES
- 8 cups sweet potatoes
- Olive oil or other cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup vegannaise
- 2 Tablespoons sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
FOR THE BOWLS
- 3 cups cooked brown rice +/-
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 1 – 15 oz. can of black beans, drained
- 1 – 15 oz. can of corn, drained
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Romaine or spinach, as desired
- Avocado, as desired
- Cilantro, as desired
- Preheat oven to 400º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread sweet potatoes onto the baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Add seasonings then toss to coat evenly.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 25-30 minutes, tossing once at the halfway point. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, you can prep everything else!
- Add black beans and corn to a skillet and stir in salt, pepper, and cayenne. Cook on medium, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is heated through.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, you can build your bowls! You can make yours any which way you want, but I usually start with a bed of rice) about ⅔ cup per bowl. Then I add in greens, sweet potatoes, black bean/corn mixture, tomatoes, onion, and avocado. (And sometimes cilantro!) Top it off with a drizzle of spicy sauce and you’re all set!
*I use minute rice for this recipe and I have zero shame in admitting that. I don’t have a microwave, so I dump it into a skillet with 1/4 cup of water per packet. Then I cover and cook on medium low until it’s tender.