These sweet potato burrito bowls are the BOMB! Loaded up with colorful toppings and topped off with a creamy sriracha sauce, they're the perfect healthy lunch or meal prep idea.
ROASTED SWEET POTATOES
- 8 cups sweet potatoes
- Olive oil or other cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup vegannaise
- 2 Tablespoons sriracha
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
FOR THE BOWLS
- 3 cups cooked brown rice +/-
- ½ cup sliced red onion
- 1 - 15 oz. can of black beans, drained
- 1 - 15 oz. can of corn, drained
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Romaine or spinach, as desired
- Avocado, as desired
- Cilantro, as desired
- Preheat oven to 400º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread sweet potatoes onto the baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Add seasonings then toss to coat evenly.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 25-30 minutes, tossing once at the halfway point. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, you can prep everything else!
- Add black beans and corn to a skillet and stir in salt, pepper, and cayenne. Cook on medium, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is heated through.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, you can build your bowls! You can make yours any which way you want, but I usually start with a bed of rice) about ⅔ cup per bowl. Then I add in greens, sweet potatoes, black bean/corn mixture, tomatoes, onion, and avocado. (And sometimes cilantro!) Top it off with a drizzle of spicy sauce and you’re all set!
*I use minute rice for this recipe and I have zero shame in admitting that. I don't have a microwave, so I dump it into a skillet with 1/4 cup of water per packet. Then I cover and cook on medium low until it's tender.
- Category: Main Dish