This post has been sponsored by Mission Foods. All content and opinions are entirely my own.
This easy vegetarian dinner is made with lentil taco “meat,” black beans, salsa, roasted corn, cheese, and Mission® Protein Tortilla Wraps. Prep is all done in under 10 minutes, and then it’s ready to bake. It’s the perfect protein-packed family dinner!
Cheesy. Salsa. Savory. Wholesome. And best of all… EASY. This protein-packed Vegetarian Taco Lasagna is about to be your new best dinner friend. And I speak from experience, considering we’ve eaten it 5 nights in the past week. You know I’m all about keeping dinner easy AND tasty. 😉
I have been obsessed with finding new ways to incorporate more non-meat protein into my diet lately. Since I’ve revved up my workout routine a bit and I’ve been incorporating more weights, I. AM. SO. HUNGRY. 😬😬😬 It’s amazing how just a small change in my exercise routine always kicks my appetite up immediately. I find myself reaching for allllllll of the snacks and going back for seconds at dinner time. The main thing that works for me is making sure I get a good serving of protein with every meal, balanced with carbs and fats. And this Vegetarian Taco Lasagna *right here* has the perfect balance.
I’ve been loving Mission® Protein Tortilla Wraps lately. We use them for this Vegetarian Taco Lasagna, quesadillas, enchiladas, and our regular weekly taco night too. For this Vegetarian Taco Lasagna, we’re layering their protein tortillas (made with plant-based protein – also lower carb and high fiber), lentil taco meat, and black beans. That means we’re getting allllllll of the protein, carbs, and fiber. Then we have just the right amount of fat thanks to the cheese, avocado, and sour cream on top.
The only hands-on cooking that we have to do for this recipe is seasoning and sautéing the corn. And this is key. The corn gets caramelized and smoky, which adds a ton of flavor to the equation. After we’re done with that quick step, we just mash the lentils and start layering the lasagna. Then pop it into the oven and wait! 20 minutes later, we have a beautiful steaming pan of the best Mexican lasagna you’ve ever tasted.
These Mission® Protein Tortilla Wraps hold up SO well as the “lasagna” in this dish. They soak up just enough of the salsa and crisp up around the edges. 😍 Layer upon layer of delicious, cheesy goodness. This is basically taco night in lasagna form… what’s not to love?
Very important sidenote: We took some of the leftovers of this taco lasagna over to our friends and they LOVED it. We got a text from them saying they had it for breakfast and the response was “DUDE. This is SERIOUSLY GOOD! Even for breakfast!” If it’s good as leftovers at 7am, you KNOW it’s good. 😍
I can’t wait to hear what you guys think of this recipe! Be sure to snap a picture and post it on Instagram so we can share it on our story – and leave us a comment down below! <3
Vegetarian Taco Lasagna
This easy vegetarian dinner is made with lentil taco “meat,” black beans, salsa, roasted corn, cheese, and Mission Foods’ Protein Tortilla Wraps. Prep is all done in under 10 minutes, and then it’s ready to bake. It’s the perfect protein-packed family dinner!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- 6 Mission® Protein Tortilla Wraps
- 2–3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 10 oz. frozen corn
- 2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 – 15 oz. can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 16 oz. jar salsa
- 1 – 16 oz. bag shredded Mexican cheese
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375º and lightly grease a 9 x 12″ casserole pan.
- Pour the drained lentils into a large bowl and use a spoon to mash them. They should be mostly smashed, but not pureed.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 Tablespoon of oil to medium. Pour in corn and add taco seasoning. Sauté for 10 minutes until the corn is fragrant and crisping up slightly. Remove from heat.
- Add roasted corn and drained black beans to the bowl with the lentils. Add 2 Tablespoons of salsa and stir to combine. Use a spoon to roughly divide the mixture into 3 parts.
- Place 2 Mission® Protein Tortilla Wraps in the baking dish, spoon salsa over top of the tortillas and spread it evenly using the back of the spoon. Spoon 1/3 of the lentil-corn-bean mixture and spread evenly. Sprinkle about 1/2 cup of cheese over top, then repeat the process with 2 more layers.
- After the final layer, sprinkle generously with cheese and cover the pan with foil. Bake 15 minutes, then uncover and broil for 5 minutes.
- Add your favorite toppings, serve, and enjoy!
Find the Mission® Protein Tortilla Wraps here.
Keywords: lasagna, mexican, tortillas, healthy, vegetarian,
This post has been sponsored by Mission Foods.