This Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp recipe is a summer favorite that's incredibly easy to make. Just chop and mix the filling, then blend the topping ingredients and assemble. They bake up to crispy perfection in about 30 minutes!
Strawberry and rhubarb. They make such a perfect flavor combo. How? Why? Rhubarb basically looks and tastes like pink celery, so how does it taste so friggin' amazing when you bake it into a dessert. I have questions. But honestly, I don't need the answers. I'm just gonna be over here enjoying this strawberry rhubarb crisp with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream. Because it's hot and it's humid and this is what summer dreams are made of.
I have two rules when it comes to summer desserts – 1) they're easy to make and 2) they involve berries. The only exception to these rules is apple pie, but that's a rare exception. Gimme allllllllllll the summer berries.
For this strawberry rhubarb crisp, we only have to use two bowls for prep – one for the filling and one for the topping. Which means it's checking both the easy and the berry-filled boxes. Just mix the berry and rhubarb filling in one bowl and the topping in another bowl, then pour them into ramekins or a larger baking dish, bake and serve!.
When you make this Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp, be sure to let us know. 😍 Drop a comment below and tag us on Instagram – we love sharing your pictures on our stories!Print
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
This strawberry rhubarb crisp recipe is incredibly easy to make. It's the perfect summer dessert and it's gluten free too!
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold coconut butter or butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups rhubarb, diced
- 3 cups strawberries, diced
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the topping. Use your hands to mix the butter well. Place the topping in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Chop rhubarb into small pieces, about the size of your pinky nail.
- In a medium bowl, combine filling ingredients and stir until well coated.
- Spoon filling into 8 ounce oven safe ramekins until ¾ full. Fill the rest of the way with the topping.
- Place ramekins onto a parchment or foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! I highly recommend topping with vanilla ice cream for maximum yumminess!
Leave a Reply