These zucchini breakfast cookies are quick, simple, and healthy. They're awesome for busy mornings or snacking on the go!
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almonds, chopped or slivered
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 flax eggs (instructions below)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and preheat the oven to 350º.
- Make flax eggs. Combine 2 Tablespoons of ground flax and 6 Tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Mix together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients except chocolate chips and whisk together.
- Add wet ingredients and stir to combine. If necessary, use your hands to make sure everything is mixed well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form the cookies into balls, about 1/4 cup of the mixture in each. Arrange them on the baking sheet and press down to flatten to about 1/2" thick.
- Place the sheet into the oven and bake for 25-28 minutes, until the cookies are golden brown and crispy on the bottom.
- They keep for 3-5 days – enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
Keywords: zucchini, breakfast cookies, snack, breakfast, cookies, healthy, easy, oats,