This southwest tofu breakfast bowl recipe packs a flavorful, healthy punch to fuel your mornings. Load the bowls up with toppings of your choice! These are great for meal prep!
Here are some facts for you –
If you don't think you like tofu, this recipe is perfect for you.
If you've never tried tofu, this recipe is perfect for you.
If you love tofu, this southwest tofu breakfast bowl recipe is perfect for you.
If you can scramble an egg, you can scramble this tofu and make these AMAZING breakfast bowls. It's as simple as that!
These bowls come together in just a few minutes. Prep the toppings of your choice, scramble and season the tofu, build your bowl, drizzle with the spicy yogurt sauce, and eat! 😋😋😋
Just like that – you've got quick, healthy, southwest-inspired breakfast that will keep you full for hours. We are winning at breakfast this week, friends.🙌
This recipe is perfect for all you hard-working, dedicated meal-peppers out there. You can make a big batch of the tofu at the beginning of your week and store it in the fridge to reheat quickly in the morning. Most of the toppings will stay fresh all week long, too.Print
Southwest Tofu Breakfast Bowls
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
This tofu breakfast bowl recipe packs a flavorful, healthy punch to fuel your mornings. Load the bowls up with toppings of your choice! These are great for meal prep!
For the Tofu Scramble
- 14 oz. extra firm tofu
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (more to taste)
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- dash of cayenne, optional
Spicy Yogurt Sauce
- 5.3 oz. container SoDelicious coconut yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons sriracha
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Toppings (All optional! Top with whatever you like!)
- black beans
- red onion
- fresh tomato
Spicy Yogurt Sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, sriracha, sea salt, and pepper.
- Drain tofu. Remove as much excess liquid as possible by pressing between paper towels.
- In a large skillet, heat oil to medium and add the block of tofu. Use a spoon or spatula to "chop" the tofu. Add seasonings and continue "chopping" and stirring until all of the tofu is seasoned.
- Continue cooking for 8-10 minutes, until all of the tofu is hot.
- Scoop the scrambled tofu into bowls and top with your favorite things!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 1.7 g
- Sodium: 479.6 mg
- Fat: 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.4 g
- Fiber: 2.5 g
- Protein: 17 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g
Q.1Is the Nutrions only for the scrambled tofu or is it also for the topping including the avocado ?
Q.2 : what can I use instead of avocado ? I really really can't stand it ;(
Thank you so much for this site !
It really helps me a lot !
Hi Mellih –
For this recipe, we based the nutritional facts off of the tofu alone. Toppings are purely optional and they vary depending on what people choose to use and how much they add. You could completely leave off the avocado if desired! Or use salsa or another topping instead. :)