This lightened up stir fry recipe incorporates healthy cauliflower instead of rice! Loaded with lots of veggies and topped with marinated tofu, this meal keeps you full for hours.
- 4 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
Marinated Tofu (Optional, but great for extra protein!)
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon hoisin
- 1/2 Tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Drain tofu of excess water. Press the block between paper towels to remove as much liquid as possible. If you have the time, allow it to rest between paper towels with a pan on top to thoroughly press it.
- Slice it into long strips or cubes if desired.
- In a ziplock bag, combine the ingredients for the marinade and add the tofu. Gently shake it to coat.
- Preheat the oven to 400º and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the tofu on the baking sheet and pour the sauce over top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Add cauliflower florets to your food processor and pulse until the cauliflower resembles small rice or couscous. You may have to process it in batches if you have a small food processor – like me! Once you have 4 cups of riced cauliflower, you're ready to start cooking.
- In a small bowl, whisk together ingredients for the stir fry sauce.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil to medium. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add carrots, broccoli, peas, and garlic. Continue to sauté for 5-8 minutes until veggies have softened.
- Add riced cauliflower and sauce. Sauté 5 more minutes.
- Serve with slices of tofu, sesame seeds, avocado, fresh cilantro, green onions, or whatever your heart desires!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Main
- Calories: 104
- Sugar: 10.7 g
- Sodium: 851.1 mg
- Fat: 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.5 g
- Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g