- 10 sundried tomatoes, canned or dried and rehydrated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
- 2 cups cooked orzo pasta
- water for cooking orzo
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- If using dried tomatoes, add 1 cup of water and tomatoes to a sauce pan and boil for 5 minutes. Allow to cool and then chop into smaller chunks.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat 2 Tablespoons of olive oil on medium and add minced garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes until browning.
- Add sundried tomatoes and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Decrease the heat to low-medium and add 2 Tablespoons of white wine vinegar and continue sautéing for 2 minutes.
- Start cooking orzo.
- Add coconut milk, sea salt, and black pepper and stir to combine well. Decrease the heat to simmer and continue stirring. Simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the sauce to a blender, set the skillet aside, and blend the sauce for 10-15 seconds until just combined – no need to over process.
- Add cooked orzo to the skillet and toss to coat in the flavors and oil. Add the sauce back into the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add fresh basil and stir in, then serve!
- Calories: 353
- Sugar: .9g
- Sodium: 8.8mg
- Fat: 22.4g
- Saturated Fat: 9.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 0g