A Mexican-inspired veggie burger made with healthy bell peppers, mushrooms, and quinoa.
- 1 green bell pepper [chopped finely]
- 1 c. baby portobello mushrooms [chopped finely]
- 1 medium onion [chopped finely]
- 1/2 c. white rice flour
- 2 c. cooked white quinoa
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. olive oil [for sautéing]
- Preheat oven to 415. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Cook quinoa. Bring 1 c. quinoa and 2 c. water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes. If desired, add a pinch of salt and pepper to the quinoa.
- While the quinoa is cooking, sauté onion, green pepper, and mushrooms over medium heat with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine sautéed veggies, quinoa, flour, and seasonings.
- Wet hands and form into 4 equal sized patties.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Category: Mains