The day has finally come. Weeks of planning. Days of cooking. Hours of writing and designing. All of it has led up to today – The Burger Book is finally available!
In case you haven’t heard me blabbering about it all over Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, please allow me to explain myself. The Burger Book is the first ecookbook featuring all veggie burgers and only veggie burgers. 20 of them, to be exact.
Every burger is an original recipe, made by us, with the goal of showing the world just how versatile and delicious veggie burgers can be. There are also 6 bonus sauce recipes which complement the burgers.
You know that nose-crinkle that some people do when they hear the words, “veggie burger”? Well, this should put an end to that. I can’t tell you how many times I have heard the complaints that veggie burgers are “spongy,” “chewy,” “bland,” or “dry.” That’s because mass production doesn’t work for veggie burgers.
These recipes have names like Rosemary Fennel Burgers, The Caprese Burger, Avocado Burgers, BBQ Burgers, and Beet Sliders. And every single one of them is flavorful, unique, and satisfying. Ain’t nobody got time for lame veggie burgers.
I would tell you what my favorite recipe is, but I really can’t choose. Throughout the process of making this book, Clark would poke fun at me because after every recipe, I would say “THIS one is definitely the best one yet.” Picking a favorite would be misleading – they’re all my favorites.
If you’re already sold [of course you are], click HERE to get your digital copy of The Burger Book.
But… if you’re not already convinced that this is the most amazing ecookbook ever, here’s a teaser recipe to get you hooked. Meet The Fajita Burger. Like all of the recipes in the book, it is easy to make, healthy, and unbelievably delicious. It’s time to throw every negative veggie burger stereotype out the window. For good.
We felt like this particular burger was begging to be served on a bed of black beans. If you’re in a bun kind of mood though, go for it. Or heck, wrap it in a tortilla or put it in a taco shell. You can’t go wrong.
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to receive weekly updates and exciting new recipes!
The Fajita Burger
A Mexican-inspired veggie burger made with healthy bell peppers, mushrooms, and quinoa.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 37 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Mains
- 1 green bell pepper [chopped finely]
- 1 c. baby portobello mushrooms [chopped finely]
- 1 medium onion [chopped finely]
- 1/2 c. white rice flour
- 2 c. cooked white quinoa
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. olive oil [for sautéing]
- Preheat oven to 415. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Cook quinoa. Bring 1 c. quinoa and 2 c. water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes. If desired, add a pinch of salt and pepper to the quinoa.
- While the quinoa is cooking, sauté onion, green pepper, and mushrooms over medium heat with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine sautéed veggies, quinoa, flour, and seasonings.
- Wet hands and form into 4 equal sized patties.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes.