- ¾ cup almond milk
- 3 oz. dark chocolate, unsweetened and high in cocoa solids in it
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, good quality
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon espresso powder or instant coffee
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream, whipped until stiff peaks
- 1 tablespoons almond flakes, for garnish
Place the almond milk, dark chocolate, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, ground cinnamon and espresso powder into a small saucepan.
Bring everything almost to a boil. But, be careful not to allow the mixture to boil.
Serve in your favoruite mug for hot chocolate.
Whip up the heavy cream until soft peaks and add dolops on top of the mug.
Sprinkle with almond flakes and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: Desert
- Calories: 837
- Sodium: 120mg
- Fat: 77.9g
- Saturated Fat: 38.9g
- Carbohydrates: 51.5g
- Protein: 28.3g
- Cholesterol: 0