Savory and aromatic, this curried lime soup comes together quickly and easily in the crockpot.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 - 15 oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 1 bunch green onions, bulbs and stalks, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons curry powder
- 3 Tablespoons lemongrass paste or 4 stalks of lemongrass
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger, minced and wrapped in a mesh bag (see below)
- 1 Tablespoon chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 1/4 pound chicken
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped for garnish
- In your crockpot, combine chicken broth, coconut milk, green onions, curry powder, lemongrass, ginger, chili flakes, and salt. Stir to combine. Cook on high for 2 hours.
- While you wait, cut chicken breasts into small chunks, about 3/4" in size.
- After 2 hours have passed, add chicken and continue cooking.
- Cook 2 more hours and turn off the heat. Add lime juice and stir. Serve in bowls and garnish with cilantro if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Soup
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 836 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 10 g