Try this amazing crockpot coconut curry lime soup. You know we love crockpot recipes at The Fitchen and this is another one you can't miss out on!
Who is still coming out of a Thanksgiving food coma? 🙋
Who was sick over the holiday weekend? 🙋
How is it already December?
I don't know, people, I don't know.
I'm still recovering from a mutant cold/maybe the flu/zombie virus that befell me two days before Thanksgiving. Conveniently, right before my best friend and her husband came to town to visit. Despite my efforts to the contrary, she drove back to Oklahoma with the plague. (Sorry, Whit. 😞)
All I want is soup, soup, and more soup.
And if I eat it super hot, it sears my throat which I think is a good thing because it probably means it will heal me. Right? I think that's how this whole “getting better” thing works.
I know how much you guys love crockpot recipes because you told me in the comments on our last crockpot recipe and on Facebook and on Instagram. I like them too – a lot, a lot. Especially when I’m sick and I can lay on the couch while my food cooks itself. 💃
All of the ingredients and all of the flavors come together right inside of the crockpot with minimal effort on your part. You can kick back and watch James Bond movies while your house fills with the mouthwatering aromas of curry, lime, and cilantro. And later, when it’s done, you can fill a brimming bowl and enjoy it while watching Elf. Could there be a more perfect way to spend a drizzly, cold winter day?
If you don't have a crockpot, we recommend this one. Amazon will deliver it to your door and it has a 4.5 star rating. Also – it's Christmas and you should treat yourself!
If you made this crockpot coconut curry lime soup let us know how you got on in the comments!Print
Crockpot Coconut Curry Lime Soup
- Total Time: 4 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
Savory and aromatic, this curried lime soup comes together quickly and easily in the crockpot.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 - 15 oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 1 bunch green onions, bulbs and stalks, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons curry powder
- 3 Tablespoons lemongrass paste or 4 stalks of lemongrass
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger, minced and wrapped in a mesh bag (see below)
- 1 Tablespoon chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 ¼ pound chicken
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped for garnish
- In your crockpot, combine chicken broth, coconut milk, green onions, curry powder, lemongrass, ginger, chili flakes, and salt. Stir to combine. Cook on high for 2 hours.
- While you wait, cut chicken breasts into small chunks, about ¾" in size.
- After 2 hours have passed, add chicken and continue cooking.
- Cook 2 more hours and turn off the heat. Add lime juice and stir. Serve in bowls and garnish with cilantro if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Soup
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 836 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 10 g
What kind of curry powder?
Just regular curry powder that can be found in the spice section of any grocery store. :) I use Simply Organic, but most any brand will work.
This recipe looks delicious! I am new to cooking curry - when do I add the lime juice?
Hi Laura! I can't believe I left out the step where you add lime juice. I just updated the recipe – it gets added at the end!
The chicken in the bowl looks shredding. Do you fork-shred the chicken before serving?
when to add the lime juice?? I'm guessing at the end?? ty & ty for all the fab recipes I'm making this today
The lime juice goes in when you are ready to serve! Pour it into the crockpot and stir to combine. Sorry for the confusion - we've amended the recipe. :)