- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- coconut oil spray
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup whole coconut milk, canned
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar, cinnamon, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Peel sweet potatoes and chop off the ends. Cutting from end to end, create wedges about 1/2" thick.
- Turn oven on to broil setting.
- Prepare a baking sheet – either line with aluminum foil or use the baking sheet directly. Spray generously with coconut oil cooking spray. (Parchment will cause the potatoes to steam rather than bake and caramelize.)
- Arrange the sweet potatoes on the baking sheet, making sure not to layer them. Give them "breathing room." Again, if they are too close together, they will steam instead of baking.
- Spray generously with coconut oil and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over them. Toss to coat as evenly as possible.
- Broil on high for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Shake the can of coconut milk well.
- Combine coconut milk and powdered sugar in a bowl and whisk until smooth. I prefer a dip that's less thick for these – if you like a thicker consistency, just add more powdered sugar.
*This serves 6 as a dessert.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins