With naan flatbreads and simple ingredients, you can have a homemade pizza shortcut that's ready in under 20 minutes.
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 1/4 cup vindaloo sauce, we used Patak's (see notes)
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400º and lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. (I prefer olive oil spray.)
- Place naan flatbreads on the baking sheet.
- Spread sauce evenly over the naans, leaving a small margin around the outside as a "crust." Add chickpeas, green onion, and sprinkle mozzarella over top.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until crust is golden brown and cheese has melted.
*This is just one of many possible combinations for naan flatbreads. You could certainly use marinara sauce and top with tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella. OR, alfredo sauce and use mushrooms and spinach. The possibilities are endless!
*We used Stone Fire Mini Naan's because Costco AND Kroger carries them and we love the way they taste.
*We used Patak's Vindaloo Simmer Sauce because we had it on hand. You could use almost any other kind of store-bought curry or simmer sauce instead.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Category: Main
- Calories: 182
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 155 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.4 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 11.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g