Full of savory beans, subtle spice, and tender chicken, this versatile dish comes together in your crockpot.
- 15 oz. pinto beans
- 4 oz. can of green chiles [chopped]
- 3-4 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce [chopped]
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 4 oz. quality salsa
- 1 medium onion [sliced thin]
- 4 oz. olive oil
- 4 oz. chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and use a spoon to mix.
- Set temperature to low and cook for 4-6 hours.
- After the time has passed, use two forks to shred the chicken breasts. They should be super tender and easy to work with at this point.
- Serve over rice, as a dip, or in taco or burritos shells.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Mains