This recipe for grilled stuffed mushrooms is the ultimate "fancy" but simple grilled side. Baby portobellos are stuffed with goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes, and seasonings, and topped with crunchy panko. SO simple and SO good.
- 1 package baby portobello mushrooms (8 oz.)
- 1/2 cup chevre goat cheese
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon of oil from the sun dried tomatoes (or olive oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking spray
- 3-4 Tablespoons panko (optional, for topping)
- Clean mushrooms and gently remove stems. You can leave the ribs in tact or remove them – it's up to you!
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, sun dried tomatoes, oil, and seasonings and mix thoroughly to combine. I like to use the back of a large spoon to really "smoosh" everything together.
- Place mushrooms on a plate and spray lightly with cooking spray. Spoon the goat cheese into the mushrooms.
- Once they're all stuffed, top with panko. Sprinkle over top and gently press into the goat cheese filling to make it stick.
- Place mushrooms, stuffed side up, directly onto the grill grate. Grill for 7-8 minutes on high heat. Remove from the grill, serve, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grill
Keywords: mushrooms, goat cheese, grilled, vegetarian, healthy, low carb, sun dried tomatoes,