- Fava Bean Hummus
- 2 cups dried fava beans
- 4 tablespoons olive oil + more for boiling
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt + more for boiling
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- For hummus – soak fava beans in a large bowl with cool water for at least 12 hours, up to 24 hours.
- In a large pot, add beans and fill with enough water to cover beans by 2 inches. Bring to a boil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to prevent the beans from sticking together, along with a large pinch of salt.
- Reduce to a simmer and cover beans. Cook for 30 minutes, or until beans are soft.
- Drain beans and allow them to cool for 30 minutes.
- In a high speed blender, combine beans, 4 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of tahini, 1 clove of garlic, 1 tablespoon of dill, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Blend until smooth. Allow to cool and serve with naan!
- Prep Time: 12 hours
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Appetizer