Tofu takes the place of eggs in this healthy breakfast burrito – veggies, beans, and avocado make this a flavorful and nutritious morning meal!
- 4 gluten free brown rice tortillas
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3/4 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tomato
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- juice of 1/2 lime
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 - 15 oz. can black beans
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 avocado
- Drain tofu and use paper towel to smash out as much water as possible.
- Use a fork to break it apart and crumble it. Sprinkle about a teaspoon of salt and a teaspoon of pepper over the tofu and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- For the pico de gallo – finely chop the tomato and cilantro. In a small bowl, mix tomato, cilantro, lime juice, sea salt, and pepper.
- Drain 1 can of black beans and add to a medium pot. Mix in chipotle pepper and heat until warm.
- Mash the avocado and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium. Add crumbled tofu and stir to coat with oil. Add turmeric and remaining salt and mix well. Continue stirring until tofu is heated throughout.
- Heat tortillas in the oven for 2-4 minutes.
- Now for assembly – spread avocado onto the tortilla first, then spoon beans, then tofu, then pico.
- Fold and wrap, slice in half, and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Breakfast