The lightest, most understated bloody mary you will ever taste, this cocktail is made with freshly juiced tomatoes, basil, and sharp horseradish.
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 large Roma tomato
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 Tablespoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 3 Tablespoons horseradish
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces of vodka
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters.
- Juicer: Run tomatoes through until you're all out.
- Juicer: In a food processor or blender, mix juice, basil, and all seasonings except horseradish and lemon until well-combined.
- Juicer: Pour mixture into a pitcher and stir in lemon juice and horseradish.
- Blender or Food Processor: Add tomatoes, basil, and all seasonings except horseradish and lemon juice into the blender and process. If using a juicer, toss everything into a processor to combine the other ingredients.
- Blender or Food Processor: Pour mix through a mesh strainer to separate the liquid from the pulp. The remaining pulp can be used to make a tasty spaghetti sauce for dinner!
- Blender or Food Processor: Add horseradish and lemon juice to the mixture and stir in with a spoon.
- In a small dish or bowl, grind fresh black pepper – about 1 teaspoon or enough to rim your glasses. I don't recommend salt because the tomato juice already has plenty of salt in it, no need for salt at the rim.
- Use your discarded lemon half to wet the glass rim, then rim the glass in the dish of pepper.
- Fill 4 low ball glasses with ice and add 1 oz. of vodka per glass.
- Top off with the Bloody Mary mix and garnish with fresh basil.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Drinks