Adapted from "The French Women Don't Get Fat Cookbook," this simple, one-of-a-kind breakfast meal is a secret to slimming down and staying full.
- 1/2 cup lactose free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon or orange juice
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 2 Tablespoons finely ground cereal [no or low sugar, high in fiber, and preferably gluten-free]
- 2 teaspoons finely ground walnuts
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt and oil. I used grapeseed oil, but you can also flaxseed oil as Mirelle recommends, or another mildly flavored oil. Mix together well.
- Next, add lemon juice and mix well. Then add honey and mix well. It's important to add each ingredient in order and mix everything thoroughly to get the correct consistency.
- Use a food processor to bring the cereal and walnuts.
- Add the cereal and nut mixture to the yogurt and mix to combine. Enjoy immediately – don't wait too long, because the cereal will lose its crunch!
- To prep this ahead of time for a week's worth of breakfast, grind the nuts and cereal and store for easy access at breakfast time!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Category: Breakfast