This Mediterranean chickpea naan wrap recipe is loaded up with spiced chickpeas, hummus, and a rainbow of crunchy, fresh vegetables. These vegan wraps are great for lunch, dinner, meal prep, and picnics!
- 2 naan wraps
- 1 - 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed, then dried
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon nutritional yeast (optional, but I like the savory flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup romaine, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup hummus, (more or less as desired)
- In a large skillet, bring 2 teaspoons of olive oil to medium. Add chickpeas, seasonings, and lemon juice. Sauté 8-10 minutes until heated.
- Warm naan wraps in the oven until they're pliable (most brands have directions on the packaging), then remove and place each on an individual, large piece of parchment paper. Spread hummus onto the wraps – I like to spread a generous amount all on one half of the wrap for easier folding. Then spoon chickpeas onto the hummus, dividing evenly between the two wraps.
- Top with desired veggies, then fold the naan in half and wrap in parchment. Stow them away in your picnic basket or cooler until you're ready to roll!
*Veggie toppings are suggested, loose quantities. Add as much or as little as you desire!
- Category: Mains