Peanut butter and honey are the glue that holds these healthier, tastier rice crispy treats together. They're perfect for snacking and (maybe) sharing.
- 3 cups brown rice crisps
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon arrowroot powder
- Optional: ¼ cup chocolate chips for drizzle
- Measure rice crisps into a bowl and set aside.
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish with olive oil spray or coconut oil.
- In a large pot, combine honey, peanut butter, sea salt, and arrowroot powder. Heat over medium-low, stirring until the consistency thins and becomes slightly runny.
- Pour in rice cereal and stir vigorously to coat the cereal.
- Dump the mixture into the baking dish and use the spatula to press it down and smooth it out. Allow to rest for 20 minutes, preferably in the refrigerator.
- Serve individually from the pan or cut into squares and serve in tupperware to enjoy as desired.
- Optional: melt ¼ cup chocolate chips and use a spatula to drizzle over the squares.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert