Smothered in a slightly spiced tomato sauce and melty mozzarella cheese, this easy pasta dish comes together in one pan.
- 3 cups penne pasta, preferably gluten free
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 15 oz can of crushed tomatoes, drained
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, canned
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast (what's nutritional yeast? i'll explain! click here.)
- 1/2 Tablespoon red chili flakes (if you don't like spice, omit the chili flakes)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- In a large iron skillet (12 inches) heat oil to medium-high. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add tomatoes, water, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add pasta and stir. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- When the pasta is tender, stir in nutritional yeast, mozzarella, basil, artichoke hearts, and coconut milk. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Top with more mozzarella and place in oven to bake for 8-10 more minutes until the cheese is melted. Add fresh basil before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Main
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 616 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 11 g