- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tablespoons ground flax, 6 Tablespoons water)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour (Bob's Red Mill!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional for drizzle topping
- Create flax eggs – mix ground flax seed and water in a bowl and let rest 10 minutes, or until gelatinous.
- In a small pan, melt together coconut oil and peanut butter, stirring until well-combined.
- Pour the coconut oil and peanut butter mixture into a large mixing bowl. Set aside and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add flax eggs, brown sugar, cane sugar, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Add oats, flour, and baking soda and mix well.
- Line a baking sheet (or two!) with parchment. Shape the dough into balls about 2 Tablespoons in size and arrange on the baking sheet.
- Cover with foil or cling wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350º and bake cookies for 25-30 minutes.
- While they are cooling, you'll have time to melt your chocolate. I used a double-boiler to heat chocolate chips over the stove, but you could certainly melt them in the microwave. Once melted, drizzle over top of the cookies and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 11.2 g
- Sodium: 63.8 mg
- Fat: 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.9 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.1 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g