This recipe for pumpkin spice waffle dippers can feed a crowd! Just a few simple ingredients and 15 minutes bring it all together.
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups regular coconut milk (from carton, not canned)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (or applesauce for "regular" waffles)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Melt coconut oil and allow to cool to room temperature. Set aside for later.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together coconut milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes – allowing to "curdle."
- After 5 minutes have passed, add melted coconut oil, pumpkin, maple syrup, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Preheat the waffle iron and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop the waffle mixture onto the iron in thin strips (we're trying to create dippers, here!). Cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup, fresh fruit, coconut flakes, cinnamon, powdered sugar, etc! Enjoy. :)
This recipe makes between 20 and 24 small, rectangular waffle dippers. We scooped about 3 tablespoons per dipper.
To make this recipe as "regular" (non-pumpkin) waffles, swap applesauce for pumpkin.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Calories: 72
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 13.8 mg
- Fat: 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.6 g
- Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 1.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g