Made with quinoa, cinnamon, and coconut sugar, these gluten free donuts pair perfectly with coffee and brunch.
- 3/4 c. + 2 Tbsp. gluten-free flour
- 1/2 c. quinoa flour
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 3/4 c. coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 c. cooked quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. non-dairy milk + 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. coconut butter + a little extra for greasing and topping
- Cook quinoa. In a medium pot, add 1/2 c. of quinoa and 1 c. of water and bring to a boil. When the pot begins to boil, decrease the heat to a simmer. Stir every 5 minutes until all of the water has evaporated and the quinoa is fluffy.
- Preheat the oven to 350º and grease a mini donut pan with coconut butter or nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, corn starch, baking powder, salt, coconut palm sugar, and cinnamon. Use a fork to whisk everything together.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and lemon juice and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add milk/lemon juice mixture, coconut butter, eggs, quinoa, and vanilla to a food processor and blend until well-combined.
- Add wet mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- To fill the donut forms, fill a Ziplock bag with the batter and snip the corner of the bag. Then squeeze it into the forms, filling 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake the donuts for 8-10 minutes.
- If desired, lightly coat donuts with coconut butter and dip them into the coconut sugar for added crunch and sweetness.
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Calories: 2417
- Sugar: 151g
- Sodium: 2721mg
- Fat: 48g
- Saturated Fat: 24g
- Unsaturated Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 434g
- Fiber: 22g
- Protein: 64g
- Cholesterol: 372mg