This vegan quinoa mushroom meatballs recipe makes delicious, hearty vegan meatballs. These are perfect for serving over pasta, veggie noodles, sautéed veggies, or as a quick snack.
- 1 ¼ cup cooked quinoa, divided
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 8 oz. container bella mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet, bring 2 tablespoons of oil to medium heat. Add onion and saute 5 minutes until soft and translucent. Add garlic and mushrooms. Saute 5-8 minutes until the mushrooms are tender (don’t overcook to the point where they’re soggy!) Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Add the quinoa and the mushroom + onion + garlic mixture to a food processor. Pulse until well combined. The mixture should resemble a rough paste. Empty into a bowl.
- Add oat flour, remaining ¼ cup of quinoa, Italian herb seasoning, red pepper flakes, nutritional yeast, tamari, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Create your meatballs! Scoop the mixture out 1 tablespoon at a time, then roll into balls and place onto the baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes, then serve as desired!
- Category: Main Dish
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 51
- Sodium: 124 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
Keywords: meatballs, mushrooms, quinoa, vegan, gluten free, healthy, meal prep, dinner