This sesame garlic grilled mushrooms recipe is a flavor packed side dish that pairs perfectly with so many grilled dishes! It's super easy to prep and it only takes a few minutes on the grill to cook.
- 2 - 8 oz. packages baby bella mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, or tamari if gluten free
- 1/4 cup honey, or maple syrup if vegan
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, for garnish
- Prepare the mushrooms. Wash thoroughly, then chop into halves or quarters. If your baby bellas are on the large side, I recommend chopping into quarters.
- In a large ziplock bag, combine soy sauce, honey, olive oil, lemon juice, ginger powder, pepper, and garlic. Shake the bag up to combine well, then add the chopped mushrooms. Gently rotate the bag to coat the mushrooms, then press out as much air as possible.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes prior to skewering.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Skewer the mushrooms, then place the skewers directly onto the grill grates. Cook 8 minutes, rotating once at the halfway point. Remove from the grill and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grilled
Keywords: mushrooms, sesame, asian, garlic, soy sauce, grilling, grilled, side dish, vegetarian, gluten free, healthy,