These Sunflower Seed Veggie Burgers are perfect for any time of day and ideal for meal prep. Just 5 ingredients, quick prep, and easy cleanup!
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- olive oil*
- Cook your brown rice – I used the Instant Pot to speed things up. Preheat the oven to 400º and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Food process your sunflower seeds until they're coarsely ground (see photo below). Remove from food processor and set aside. Grate your carrots.
- In the food processor, combine pulsed sunflower seeds, grated carrots, and remaining ingredients. Pulse until fully combined. If the mixture is a bit dry/crumbly, add a quick drizzle of olive oil to help bind it together.
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into patties – it should make about 6 - 3 inch burgers.
- Bake the veggie burgers for 18-20 minutes, flipping once at the halfway point. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
I made a quick chipotle mayo for these burgers: Mix together 1/4 cup vegan mayo and 1 tablespoon of sriracha. That's it!
For topping, I used red onion, spicy sprouts, and avocado.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Serving Size: 1 burger
Keywords: sunflower seeds, veggie burger, carrots, meal prep, easy, vegan, vegetarian, healthy, gluten free, brown rice,