These Sunflower Seed Veggie Burgers are perfect for any time of day and ideal for meal prep. Just 5 ingredients, quick prep, and easy cleanup!
Helloooooooo perfect sunflower seed veggie burgers! I know there are approximately one billion different ways to make veggie burgers and there so many different types – black bean, sweet potato, chickpea, eggplant, etc. But my favorite of all? These sunflower seed burgers!
A lot of veggie burgers lack crunch or substance when you bite into them. These burgers are different. They're slightly crispy on the outside, and perfectly soft and dense on the inside. And best of all? They're EASY.
How to Make Sunflower Seed Veggie Burgers:
- First things first – cook your brown rice. I use our Instant Pot for rice to speed up the process.
- While that's cooking, food process your sunflower seeds until they're coarsely ground (see photo below). Remove from food processor and set aside.
- Food process your carrots until they're roughly chopped.
- In a large bowl, combine sunflower seeds, carrots, and remaining ingredients. Mix until fully combined.
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into patties – it should make about 6 burgers. Place them onto a baking sheet and bake.
That's it! Just a few simple steps and you have 6 sunflower seed veggie burgers ready to be devoured. Which brings me to my next point: allllllll of the glorious ways to eat these!
You can go traditional and slap the burger on a bun – I recommend crunchy sprouts and lots of avocado. You can go lower carb and wrap the burger up in lettuce – avocado is also a good addition here. You can top the burger with a yolky fried egg and serve it up for breakfast – again, is avocado ever a bad topping?
However you decide to enjoy these Sunflower Seed Veggie Burgers, just make them ASAP and tell me what you think! Tag us in a picture on Instagram so we can share your magic on our stories!Print