These sweet potato breakfast burritos are stuffed with fluffy eggs, black beans, hot sauce, and melty cheese. They're easy to batch prep and reheat for quick breakfasts!
- 4 cups sweet potatoes
- 1 - 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6-8 tortillas
- 1 - 6 oz. package Mexican shredded cheese
- hot sauce or salsa if desired
FOR THE SWEET POTATOES
- olive oil spray or cooking spray of choice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
FOR THE EGGS
- 8 eggs, whisked
- oil for cooking eggs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Chop sweet potatoes and arrange on the baking sheet. Coat with cooking spray of choice, then add seasonings and toss to combine. Place the sheet pans into the oven and bake 15 minutes, then toss and return to oven for 10 more minutes.
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat oil to medium. Pour in whisked eggs. Add salt and pepper. Scramble occasionally until the eggs are cooked through. Mix in black beans. Set aside.
- In each tortilla, spread shredded cheese, then scoop in eggs and sweet potatoes. If desired, add a spoonful of salsa.
- Roll up the burritos, folding in the ends first and tucking in any loose filling as you go. Once they’re all rolled, wrap them in foil and store in the refrigerator or freezer. See the notes for reheating instructions.
*To reheat from refrigerator, preheat oven to 350º and place foil wrapped burrito into the oven. Cook 12-15 minutes.
*To reheat from frozen, preheat oven to 350º and place foil wrapped burrito into the oven. Cook 20-25 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: burritos, breakfast, meal prep, healthy, vegetarian, sweet potatoes, black beans, freezer