This easy tofu breakfast sandwich recipe is a protein-packed vegan alternative to eggy breakfast sandwiches. The hearty tofu patty is incredibly filling and flavorful – add your favorite toppings for a quick breakfast!
- 2 - 14 oz. container extra firm tofu, drained
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 bagels
- 4 slices cheese, white cheddar or havarti (non-dairy if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 375º and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Drain tofu and press to remove as much excess water as possible.
- Pat tofu dry and slice the block in half lengthwise. At this point, you can either cut the tofu into a square that's close to the size of your bagel, or you can use a large round cookie cutter to match the shape of the bagel.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, turmeric, and sea salt. Spread the mixture on both sides of your tofu patties. Place the tofu patties onto the baking sheet and pop it into the oven.
- Bake 20 minutes, then flip the patties and continue baking for 15-20 more minutes.
- Remove patties from the oven and place them onto the bagel/muffin/bread. Then top with your favorite cheese. Wrap in foil and store in the fridge. When you're ready to eat, place a sandwich into the oven and bake 10-12 minutes at 350º.
*These can probably be microwaved, but I have not tested this method.
- Category: Breakfast