This tofu poke bowl recipe is made with bites of sweet and spicy tofu, fluffy white rice, and a rainbow of fresh vegetables. It's an awesome vegan meal prep recipe and it's so easy to make!
- 1 – 14 oz. package extra firm tofu
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 Tablespoon sriracha (use less if you’re not a spice-lover)
- 1/2 cup rice or quinoa
- 1 cup water (for rice)
- 1 zucchini, spiralized or julienned
- 4-5 radishes, sliced thin
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Drain tofu of excess liquid and press to remove as much as possible. Chop into cubes, about 1" in size.
- In a mason jar or small bowl, mix together maple syrup, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and sriracha. Mix well.
- Start cooking rice.
- In a large nonstick skillet, bring 1 tablespoon of olive oil to medium heat. Add tofu cubes to the heated skillet and sprinkle with salt. Cook for 20 minutes, tossing every 5 minutes. (If the tofu starts to stick or break apart, add another drizzle of oil.) I try to rotate the cubes to get a little crisp on all sides! After 20 minutes, carefully pour in the sauce mixture, reserving 2 tablespoons for later. Stir to coat all of the tofu cubes and decrease the heat to low/simmer. Cook 5-8 more minutes to allow the sauce to thicken. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Now, prep your veggies! I recommend slicing, dicing, chopping, spiralizing, and even grating – the goal is to create lots of texture and flavors.
- Layer a meal prep container or bowl with rice, then add tofu, then add your veggies and drizzle with remaining sauce. Enjoy!
For meal prep, refrigerate up to 5 days.
Use any veggies you like and prep them however you like! Red onion, avocado, bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, etc.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dinner