This chickpea salad recipe is light, delicious, and healthy. It's flavored with lemon, olive oil, and parsley for a Mediterranean vibe.
- 1 - 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional, for color)
- In a large bowl, mash chickpeas using a fork or a potato ricer. Mash thoroughly, but leave the consistency chunky. We're not going for hummus, here!
- Add all other ingredients and stir to combine, mixing well.
- Serve on your favorite sandwich bread, on crackers, or on baguette slices!
This recipe makes enough to create 3-4 sandwiches.
- Category: Main
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 3.2g
- Sodium: 299.3mg
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 22.7g
- Fiber: 7.3g
- Protein: 8.2g
- Cholesterol: 0g