This vegan alternative to shells and cheese uses a creamy cauliflower sauce and healthier ingredients.
- 4 cups pasta
- ½ head of cauliflower, chopped into smaller florets
- 2-4 cups water (enough to cover cauliflower)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (what's nutritional yeast? i'll explain! click here.)
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 cup of water saved from boiling cauliflower
- Boil pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is boiling, boil cauliflower in a separate pot. Boil until fork tender. Drain and empty into a blender.
- Add nutritional yeast, tamari, sea salt, and water to the blender. Blend until very smooth. If necessary, add more water until the consistency is to your liking. It should be thick enough to coat the pasta.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir together to combine.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Side Dish
- Calories: 176
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 1407 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 14 g