If you’re a fan of peanut butter [and who isn’t?], there’s a good chance that you like peanut butter cookies. Everyone swears by their own, or their mom or grandmother’s recipe for the delicious classic. And admittedly, we both have grandmas that make a pretty mean PB cookie. Although they’re not quite the same, these cookies are a reinvention of the wheel — only with no sugar, no flour, and no butter. What’s better is that they take less than 20 minutes to make.
Recipe time: 20 minutes
Raw Peanut Butter Cookies
A new take on the beloved classic — deliciously peanut-buttery cookies without the gluten, dairy, or sugar!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 1 c. raw almonds
- 1/2 c. raw peanut butter [creamy]
- 1 c. pitted dates
- 1 vanilla bean [split and scraped]
- small splash of water if needed [or almond milk if not raw]
- sea salt [optional]
- Add almonds, peanut putter, dates, and vanilla to a food processor and blend until the mixture is dough-like. It may appear to be slightly dry, but it should stick together. If it’s really too dry, add a small splash of water or almond milk and mix it in with your hands.
- Set aside a plate or cookie sheet lined with parchment. Use your hands to form the mixture into small balls.
- After you’ve finished all of the dough, it’s time to make the criss-cross! Press down gently with a fork to create the pattern. Sprinkle with a hint of sea salt.
- The cookies stay good in the refrigerator for at least one week — but they probably won’t last that long.
- Calories: 1988
- Sugar: 115g
- Sodium: 797mg
- Fat: 136g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Unsaturated Fat: 111g
- Carbohydrates: 167g
- Fiber: 35g
- Protein: 63g