If you're a fan of peanut butter [and who isn't?], there's a good chance that you like peanut butter cookies. Everyone swears by their own, or their mom or grandmother's recipe for the delicious classic. And admittedly, we both have grandmas that make a pretty mean PB cookie. Although they're not quite the same, these cookies are a reinvention of the wheel -- only with no sugar, no flour, and no butter. What's better is that they take less than 20 minutes to make.
Recipe time: 20 minutes
Raw Peanut Butter Cookies
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
A new take on the beloved classic -- deliciously peanut-buttery cookies without the gluten, dairy, or sugar!
- 1 c. raw almonds
- ½ c. raw peanut butter [creamy]
- 1 c. pitted dates
- 1 vanilla bean [split and scraped]
- small splash of water if needed [or almond milk if not raw]
- sea salt [optional]
- Add almonds, peanut putter, dates, and vanilla to a food processor and blend until the mixture is dough-like. It may appear to be slightly dry, but it should stick together. If it's really too dry, add a small splash of water or almond milk and mix it in with your hands.
- Set aside a plate or cookie sheet lined with parchment. Use your hands to form the mixture into small balls.
- After you’ve finished all of the dough, it’s time to make the criss-cross! Press down gently with a fork to create the pattern. Sprinkle with a hint of sea salt.
- The cookies stay good in the refrigerator for at least one week — but they probably won’t last that long.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Calories: 1988
- Sugar: 115g
- Sodium: 797mg
- Fat: 136g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Unsaturated Fat: 111g
- Carbohydrates: 167g
- Fiber: 35g
- Protein: 63g
Amazing raw cookie. Kids loved them!
Made the peanut butter cookies….delish! I did have to add a little water, however. Also, I had to wet the fork when I made the criss-cross because the cookies stick to the fork. Thanks for the recipe:)
Thanks for the feedback and letting us know what modifications you made! Glad you enjoyed! :)
Can you find/buy raw peanut butter? I know I can get raw almond butter at my local organic market, but I've never seen raw peanut butter before!
You can buy it online from vivapura.com or you can make it at home using raw peanuts. This blog shows the simple process using only a blender. Good luck! :)
Made these with almond butter instead- amazing! I also added in some unsweetened coconut and they were fantastic
Thanks for letting us know! We were thinking of making another batch using almond butter -- glad to know it's delicious! :)
Yummy! Looks like an easy recipe to try! Love the fact that they're raw, too! Peanut butter is my favorite sweet thing!
Super easy! Agreed -- PB is such a good treat. :)