Fun fact – you can grill potatoes. Today i'm going to show off herbed grilled potatoes.
Did you already know that? I didn't until oh, maybe 3 weeks ago. Since this earth-shattering, ground-breaking, life-changing discovery, we've grilled potatoes about 20 times.
And why not? They're ridiculously easy, seasoned with fresh herbs, and grilled until the skins are crispy.
I realize that this makes two grilled recipes in a row, but hey – it's still summer. And there is still an abundance of fresh-from-the-garden-and-the-farmers-market produce. In my opinion, the grill is the best place for all of it because A) I love charred veggies, B) I love sitting outside watching Clark grill, and C) I love grilled veggies.
Go pick up a couple pounds of fingerling potatoes, yukon gold potatoes, or new potatoes – all delicious, buttery sweet varieties – and get them onto the grill tonight.
If you enjoyed this herbed grilled potatoes recipe, let us know in the comments!Print
Rosemary Grilled Potatoes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Seasoned with herbs, salt and pepper, these simple potatoes pair great with grilled veggies and meat.
- 1 pound of potatoes, preferably fingerling or yukon gold
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Wash and dry potatoes.
- Chop into halves or thirds depending on the size of each potato. The goal is to keep the pieces close in size so they all cook evenly.
- Tear out a sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil about 12" x 24" inches in size and spread the potatoes on one half of the sheet. If necessary or if you have limited grilling space, you can use more than one sheet of foil.
- Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes, then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and rosemary sprigs.
- Fold the foil over top of the potatoes and seal up the edges as much as possible.
- Heat the grill to medium and place potato pouches near the back of the grill.
- Cook for 25 to 30 minutes. They are done when fork tender and the skins have a slight crisp.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Side
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 1031 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
Leave a Reply