These sweet potato nachos are loaded with salsa, chicken, beans, peppers, cheese, and guacamole to create the perfect game-changing appetizer.
NACHOS. Sweet potato nachos. As in sweet potato fry nachos, baked to a crisp, then loaded with everything good in this world. Tender shredded chicken, spicy authentic salsa, black beans, fresh peppers, and gooey cheese. A sheet pan of sweet potato nachos – what more could a girl ask for? 😍 😍 😍
Grocery budgeting. 😱 Last month we started actually budgeting our grocery spending. What that means for us is that we're setting aside a certain amount of income that we allocate towards food each month and sticking. to. it. It also means finding creative ways to sneak in extra savings so we can stretch that budget a little further – AKA iBotta offers that pay us back in cash rewards for things like the salsa we put all over these nachos and obviously, regular printed coupons.
Admittedly, we should have started grocery budgeting a loooooong time ago. But now that we're finally in a groove with what food is for blog recipes and what food is for just us, it's more realistic (read: easier) to do. So far, the best part about budgeting is that it makes grocery shopping less stressful.
Ok. Grown up talk is over. Now let's get back to our regularly scheduled nacho-discussion, shall we? 🤗
These nachos can be eaten one of two ways. You can make yourself look like a hot mess and go at them with your hands – which I recommend. Or you can try to be dignified and attack them with a fork. To each their own, my friend. With this nacho situation, it's all about the toppings and how messy we can get.
Layer up the cheese and the beans and the peppers and the salsa – and then add more of the salsa so you can dip the fries in it because the salsa is THAT good. I’m using Fresh Cravings Chunky in this recipe, but they also have a Restaurant Style that is perfect for dipping because it’s blended.
I picked out this Fresh Cravings salsa specifically for these sweet potato nachos because…
- It has just exactly the perfect amount of spice! This is a revelation.
- It's the freshest tasting salsa available. They use fresh, vine-ripened vegetables in this refrigerated salsa and it is never cooked or pasteurized. So it tastes like that glorious stuff you can make in the middle of summer thanks to garden goodies.
- The texture is perfect. This salsa still has bold crunch to it which adds another layer to the nacho mouth party.
- It's available at Walmart which means eeeeeeveryone can find and enjoy its goodness – check here to find your nearest store. (You can find it refrigerated in the produce section)
- It's already a great buy – considering it costs less than $3 per container – but when you factor in the iBotta reward, you only pay $1.98 for 16 oz of salsa.. Hitting those budget goals like a boss. 😎
Alright, nacho-lovers – how do you feel about this situation? Are you cool with sweet potato fries being a nacho base? If you're hesitant, just trust me. I would never steer you wrong – especially when it comes to nachos. 😘
I suggest that you make these for date night. Or girls' night. Or your next game day gathering. Or New Years Eve. The sooner the better. Just don't forget to tag me on the Insta to show off your nacho game!
This recipe was created in partnership with Fresh Cravings. Thank you so much for supporting the brands that we love!Print